Friday, June 18, 2004

Percy Montgomery returns to the Bok team after some time in the wilderness. "Monty", I recall, used to look rather uncoordinated on the pitch, so it doesn't strike me as a good sign that he's nursing an injury that was incurred while slicing a grapefruit. The article goes on to say that Monty is famously thick-skinned, but then notes that it might be more accurate simply to remove the word "skinned" from the equation...

Enough said. I hope that he has a good game against Ireland and that the Boks build on the success of last week.

UPDATE: Whoops, as "anonymous" points out I rather badly misread this article. The author fears that Monty might injure his recently mended hand while slicing a grapefruit, not that he did. My mistake. Still, it goes to show that it was vaguely plausible.

2 Comments:

At 18 June 2004 at 15:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, the writer of the article was actually being facetious when he talked about the slicing of the grapefruit.

 
At 22 June 2004 at 12:17, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm just glad he's back because he's one of the better-looking players! :) OK, call me shallow....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home