Thursday, April 22, 2004

There aren't that many advantages to using Blogger. There are only a handful of templates to choose from (and, frankly, they're all rather dull), you can't put up pictures, the service makes no provision for trackback etc etc.

However, blogger is owned by Google. As is the new, and much publicised, email service gmail. What this means is that I am now the proud owner of one of the very first gmail email accounts. Yup, as a, 'long time user of blogger', google has seen fit to provide me with my very own gmail account to play around with. The service is still in beta testing and not generally available to the public, so I expect it to be a bit buggy. Nevertheless, with a gig of storage space and what is claimed to be an unbeatable spam filter, I'm not complaining.

Aaah, to be on the cutting edge of modern technology. Maybe we should hold fire, Murray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home