Tuesday, March 30, 2004

No real surprises here. In the run up to the election the Independent Democrats appear to be imploding. ID spokesman, Charles Golding (not of the Pam Golding Real Estate family, surely?) accused Patricia de Lille of treating the party as a personal fiefdom:

'She treats members in a high-handed and dismissive manner... her leadership style is dictatorial and undemocratic.'

I alluded to these sorts of problems when I briefly discussed the issue of personality driven opposition politics last week. We've seen similar problems with the IFP, most of whose non Zulu support and membership has been driven off by Buthelezi's ego-mania and with the UDM, whose membership appears to have deserted Holomisa for the ANC. Once again, I'm moved to suggest to all you putative ID supporters that if you really want to support opposition politics you'd be better off voting for you know who. Otherwise vote ANC. But for goodness sake stop supporting these political charlatans in their assorted quests for profile and prestige. Vainglory is not a reason to start a political party. As Patricia de Lille ought to know.

1 Comments:

At 7 April 2013 at 09:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this website. He was totally right.
This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I
had spent for this info! Thanks!

My homepage; Healthy waist to height ratio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home