Sunday, February 08, 2004

I'd intended to spend this evening writing about Mbeki's State of the Nation address but, frankly, I'm a little bit frazzled after a week-end of drunken debauchery and so I point you to Zombyboy at AfricaBlog whose comments I mostly concur with.

For the record, I don't really agree with those who've suggested that the speech was a disappointment. Yes, it would have been nice if he'd said a bit about AIDS and Zimbabwe but I think that we should grant Mbeki a bit of latitude on this one. It was, after all, really an occasion to mark 10 years of democracy in SA so a bit of navel gazing is probably the order of the day.

The full text of the speech is here

1 Comments:

At 23 March 2013 at 09:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in truth used to be
a entertainment account it. Glance advanced to far introduced agreeable from you!

By the way, how can we be in contact?

My weblog healthy waist to height ratio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home